Sunday, February 22, 2015

Arthur: Perspective

OK, so this week it's seemed like I kinda sucked at this whole dangerous project horse thing.  I guess I was owed that but unno, it sure hits your confidence about doing these things when you're already sure you're insane.  Helping the horses is great but man, its hard sometimes.

I took a step back, gave the boys time off and hopped on Katy.  I also put out an ad that I wanted a working student so I could get more help with Katy, Piper, and Mango since I was pouring so much into Nigel and Arthur and feeling like I was neglecting them.  2015 Plans woo.

Yes, I'm also taking my classes, working and doing family things.  I know there's something wrong with me, shaddup.

So I took some time to mentally flip through Arthur's list of things and my mental checklist on him and decided to address the forward/disengaging issues still but on line and then to address his riding in the open issues as well as my "sucking at working him from an elevated" place.

The forward and disengaging is helping and I'm pushing him wicked hard and making his life purposely frustrating so I can see him react, help him, and we move on rather than letting him bottle it up.  I'm actually pretty proud of what he can take when he doesn't internalize things.  The on the fence things are easy for him and hard for me so its a nice balance.

I also accidentally realized that Warwick Schiller was coming to Texas and snagged a working spot in that clinic.  Hopefully he can help me with... something... with Arthur.  That's going down in April so I'd like to get him riding like he was in October but we'll see what the weather thinks.  It HAS to stop at some point, right?

You know you want feet like mine... working horses with flip flops - I don't recommend it *cough
See how excited he is about this?!  ><



No comments:

Post a Comment