Monday, July 6, 2015

Arthur: New Life

Arthur has been with the trainer about a month.  In that time, he had his skills I'd put on him brushed up a touch more and he restarted jumping properly.  By all accounts, he was the awesome, wonderful, snuggle bunny of a horse that I knew was in there and we'd lived with for the last 6 months.

People came to check him out as their next hunter propect and we quickly had a bite which led to a vet check naturally.  The trainer felt he'd move best with shoes on and since Arthur does have pancake feet, I agreed.  And that led to his PPE coming back as possible laminitis a day or two later.  Whaaaa?  There was a follow up PPE for that reason a few days later and derp, no laminitis, no soreness, just new shoe touchiness that other day.

So glad I'm not there in person to watch these things.

HOWEVER!  The followup PPE NOW has revealed that Arthur has some scratches on his eyes.  Minor but either normal things from stuff like dust in the paddock when he was younger or CANCER!!!

Seriously, who deals with these PPE vet people?  Cripes.

So yeah, naturally the people that are looking at him have a hot button with eyes as their last horse had to be retired after its eye was removed for cancerous reasons or something similar (so I understand but geez PPE vet, ranging from nothing to CANCER AND DEATH is a bit of a wide range). 

The people were lovely and offered me less than I wanted and I decided to just go with it because that's why you set a starting price.  So yeah, from uncontrolled bucker that was terrified of the world to plodding hunter kids horse... I'll take it.

Good luck Arthur, be as lovely as I know you are <3


No comments:

Post a Comment