Monday, June 29, 2015

Bad Saddle! Not Really Though :D

OK so I have been prepping for a huge dog event we're putting on in mid July so my riding is haphazard at best currently.  With the new saddle revelation, I took my first dressage lesson in forever now that we were able to actually DO the things we'd been working here and there on.  I've been doing lessons with Amanda too and that's helped sooo much with Katy and myself (yay basics) but I wanted a real dressage lesson in my real dressage saddle.  So saddle win (y)  I think I took like 3 lessons this month from dressage trainer and one from Amanda (see below).

Amanda had ridden Jade in the new Flight and then I followed up with it after she had her go rounds with the great nonforward horse.  The saddle felt like it tipped us both forward and I was a bit disappointed.  On Katy it felt great, on Jade meh.  Jade didn't seem to care though as she had to deal with crazy riders whacking on her to go forward.  Saddle fail (sort of)



I contacted Shea about coming back out to refit and she was heading down already and tacked us on no problem.  Basically they'd fit the saddle to Katy with the idea that I'd use a pad with Jade.  I was like noooooo make it fit expensive horse please so it was done.  So basically, find a saddle fitter that returns your calls AND knows what they're doing.  SO MUCH NICER.  And no, I still haven't heard from Saddle Fitter A.  Seriously, how do people stay in business?  Ugh service industries are chapping my hide something fierce!

At this point I had no real idea what to do with Jade (she'll go forward after a few minutes and then... unno what to do as our instructions end there)  so with that and my cray schedule, we haven't done much in July.  I HAVE worked on her ground work which has begun to change her from a pushy obnoxious (but sweet) big girl into one that's more compliant.  We'll see what we need to tackle under saddle as we get to that.

Oh and the saddle is back to being wonderful now and works for both horses so yays.  Now to do this big event and then get to riding and all the things some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment