Saturday, October 4, 2014

Arthur Bucks and I Laugh

So now Mr Arthur is working in the round pen.  I'm not sweating to death over getting my foot just in the stirrup and we're basically working on walking and trotting with some turns here and there to install some better steering.

Its not terribly exciting (thankfully) but I suspect Arthur is getting bored too.  Whatever, suck it up bucking pony.

So we've been aiming to ride about 3-4 times a week and its been going decent.  Today was a little different and naturally I'm always waiting for when he finally freaks out.  Can I handle it?  How bad will he be?  What will trigger it now?  Its got to be in him still, right?  I'm not really the horse whisperer (how much easier would life be then?!)

Today we were just trotting, trotting, trotting and suddenly Arthur's head goes a little further down and he's... off.  But not off.  But now his back feels weird. OMG HE'S TRYING TO BUCK!!!  But it was totally in slow motion and I easil ybent him to a stop.  I think he was more confused that the bucking even started... maybe he fell asleep into it?  No idea but it wasn't that bad, I didn't die, and I guess I could do it again if I had to.

But I'd rather not kthnx.

No comments:

Post a Comment