Monday, May 18, 2015

Jade: The Eagle Has Landed

And she's a hot baby horse mess.

So Jade's here now... remember that?  Yes, she shipped down from PA last week and spent the weekend in north Texas before heading this way.  The past two weeks have been a mess with me coordinating Piper's rebreeding, moving Piper and Edison, work, family, Jade's PPE and shipping arrangements and all that.  All good things, but still a lot to be handling.

But Jade finally arrived.

Boy was she ready to get off that trailer too.  She ran over the transport guy who passed her to me where she proceeded to run me over and almost got the farrier (naturally my farrier was out there at the time too yay coordination!).  All I had to grab was the THICKEST cotton rope ever and a stud chain - that wasn't over her nose.  So I'm trying to get control of her while my hands are getting shredded by the chain and teh transport guy gushes over how gorgeous she is and well behaved.

Yeah.  Sure.

I'm being as aloof as I can as he goes on and on an ON about her (he was really friendly but its hard to chat with a 1600lb spoiled brat trying to drag you everywhere).  He FINALLY leaves and I snap the shank as hard as I can and smack her off my body.  She barely reacts.  *sigh Guess we have work to do there too.

I toss her in her stall and head to work.

I was really, really hot and tired by this point ><



No comments:

Post a Comment