Sunday, May 17, 2015

Piper/Edison: Moving Horses

So in anticipation of Jade's impending arrival, I've booked a stall at the nearby barn.  I hate to spend the money but she's not used to roughing it in a pasture 24/7 and she WILL need serious fan power to keep her cool during her first Texas summer.  I asked for a stall and a paddock (so I don't have to compete for turnout with the rest of the barn) and everything was on track.

But then Granada called late last week and was all "your mare's ready to head home!"  I was in slight shock.  It felt a bit like when I brought my son home:  "you're letting me take this baby life form home?!?!  I mean... I'll probably kill it, I don't know what I'm doing!"

So I swallowed my anxiety and thought about the options for a one month old foal and his rebred but not confirmed in foal mum.  Well, the house seemed a mess and I didn't think the tyke was ready to deal with REAL electric fences and I'm not ready to deal with catching a baby horse every morning because he got out again.

I decided to get them a stall at the barn.

The pickup went fairly smoothly and the baby was loaded pretty well.  I tossed them in their stall and it seemed suddenly like we can do this.  Plus I get to see Edison every day and torture him whenever I want.  So win!

And he hasn't died yet, go me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment