Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Years.

If you're keeping track, you've probably notice that I have several horses at this point.  Katy, Mango, Piper + 1, Nigel, Arthur...  There's one of me and I haven't had a working student since the start of the summer (technically I'd call that last Spring) and I also haven't increased MY skills much.

I didn't die.

That's what I did in 2014.  Yes, I did lots of things, but mentally and physically for me, that's about all I accomplished.  With the idea that a baby horse is cooking, Arthur needs to be sold (which probably requires me to show him in SOMETHING) and Nigel being an athletic badass to prep me for the baby horse while relieving Katy... I need to get better.

So while I'm not big on Resolutions, I do like goals.  Especially for myself.  We've still been going to the gym and eating decently and I'm maintaining my 20 lb weight loss so there's that.  Time to start using it.

The weather has been more or less crap for us here in Texas though, so my goals of riding Katy at least 3x a week have been a bit shaky.  I've decided (and budgeted) for riding lessons with Sarah and I took a lesson or two with Amanda Merritt of Anchor Equestrian for jumping (butt kicking).  Katy will be used but that's what she does: treadmill.  Due to the weather, I've been checking out covered arenas and there's one RIGHT by the house that I contacted and she's asking for $25 a ride.  Its not ideal (for my budget when you include all the lessons I want) but I can use it to supplement what I'm doing at the house. Hopefully I'm right.

I also have decided to become more active in the eventing scene (AECs were fun!) and I can do that with just volunteering which at Pine Hill also earns me credits.  Hopefully we can hit some shows (maybe even some Jumper shows, ugh) and I can get Katy and Mango sold, leaving me to focus on selling Arthur and working on Nigel and Piper.

These are some serious goals but I need to streamline and use that latent money in my pasture to go for this venture!

Oh, I also start Grad School this term.  *sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment