Saturday, January 17, 2015

Nigel Weight Gain: Month Three

Just another update on Nigel.  He's rocking his feed now and we're finally getting some balance to his diet.  I did end up using Nutrena Boost and its made a SUPER awesome difference in him, although I know other horses don't do as well as he did.  I should also mention he's eating an obscene amount of it (the max they mention on the bag for him) but its doing well and his stomach is WAY happier.  We'll work towards upping his hay intake once more and then set him loose on a round bale.  I think the all day grazing will be good for him but I don't want him just tanking up on that and colicking.  He seems the type to do that.

On the ground and at feeding time, he's doing great and we're well mannered.  I've started working on further ground work with him but again, so wet this winter so its sporadic when I actually work on that but he's clever and eager.


No comments:

Post a Comment